My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins, they are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and fruity, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fried Homemade Pumpkin Muffins With Cream Cheese Frosting
These are the perfect fall treat, serve with a hot cup of Pumpkin Spiced Latte and you have the perfect breakfast or snack!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teapoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Start by mixing the flour, sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg together.
- Then mix in the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil (I used vegetable) and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Spray or line your muffin/cupcake tin with either olive oil spray or use the muffin liners.
- Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 way full
- Set in your air fryer basket or in your air fryer oven and set the temperature for 340 for 10 minutes. IF they are not fully cooked add another 2 minutes (I flipped my muffins so the bottom would cook, which is why I used no liner)
- Let cool slightly, before you frost the muffins.
- To make the frosting, mix together 1`/2 cup of room temperature butter, 8 ounces of cream cheese and 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Frost as desired.