Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
My mother was a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On Sunday night, I remember her baking, and we would always have muffins, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them. Today, I conquered my day’s task of making homemade biscuit donuts with a chocolate glaze. Since my entire family is chocolate lovers, as you can imagine this breakfast went over quite well.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes–
If you are looking for a great starter pan for your Air Fryer, I used these, they are currently 68% off at Amazon
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Instant Pot, Vortex, Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts (Doughnuts)
If you love lemon, you will love these donuts, tehy have a great glaze with some great poppy seeds on top, to make a really great looking donut.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can refrigerated dough biscuits
Lemon Poppy Seed Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectionars sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- poppy seeds
- Start by spraying your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Use your biscuit cutter, and make a hole in the center of your biscuit dough. Then place the tray or basket into the air fryer.
- Set temperature for 330 degrees F.
- Set timer for 4 minutes.
- Check to see if they are golden brown (note: all air fryers cook at different times, you need to make sure they are cooked before you remove. So, if you need an additional 1-minute add it)
- Once the donuts have cooled slightly, mix your glaze, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Spread the glaze over the donuts, then sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan lemon poppy seed donuts lemon poppy seed doughnuts lemon poppy seed muffins lemon poppy seed muffins sallys baking addiction donut seeds instructions lemon poppy seed cake baker by nature lemon poppyseed donuts lemon poppy seed bran muffins