Air Fryer Chocolate Coconut Glazed Donuts are one of the best donuts to make! If you love coconut, this easy donut recipe in the air fryer is a great way to start the morning or serve up at brunch. I will show you how to use canned biscuits to make easy air fryer donuts to add glaze and a sprinkle of coconut flakes.
My mother was a great baker; she always baked every evening to have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked, and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
On Sunday night, I remember her baking, and we would always have muffins, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the week’s days; we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car.
Easy Breakfast Donuts
My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work; I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items I would like to make, so I am always open to them if you have any suggestions. Today, I conquered my day’s task of making homemade biscuit donuts with a chocolate glaze. Since my entire family is chocolate lovers, this breakfast went over quite well, as you can imagine.
What Are The Best Biscuits To Use
I used the Pillsbury Grands biscuits. You can use whatever brand you prefer. The biggest thing is you don’t want to buy the biscuits that have the pull-apart layers of butter pieces in the biscuits. This style of biscuits will not air fry up the way you want.
Can I Use Cooking Spray in My Air Fryer
To prevent sticking in the air fryer, you need to use an oil mister to fill with oil and spritz. Or you can use a pastry brush to wipe down the basket or trays gently.
If you use a cooking spray, it can ruin the enamel on the air fryer. You will find that it can, over time, begin to rust.
Tips for Dipping Donuts In Glaze
Dipping donuts in a glaze is pretty easy. All you have to do is hold one side of the donut and gently dip it into the glaze. Then lift and allow the excess glaze to drip off. Then you can turn the donuts the right way and sit on a cooling rack.
As the donuts sit, they will set up a bit. You will want to sprinkle the coconut on right after you dip so that it sticks into the glaze. Otherwise, it sets up enough it won’t stick that well.
What Shredded Coconut To Use
I used a shredded sweetened coconut for these donuts. The donuts are pretty tasty with the glaze, then added coconut. I find sweetened offers the perfect amount of sweetened. Unsweetened coconut has a lot crunchier texture and will not bring as much sweetness to your donut that you might be wanting.
Can I Make A Vanilla Glaze Instead of Chocolate
All you have to do is leave out the cocoa powder when you make up the glaze. It will then be a vanilla style glaze. You could easily change up the flavor of the glaze to fit whatever you might be wanting.
Same with the topping on these donuts. If you want to do some with coconut and some without, go right ahead. This recipe is versatile and easy.
Do Donuts Store Well
Donuts are best when served fresh; you will feel the same way with donuts you buy in the store. If you have leftover donuts go right ahead and let them fully cool down. Then transfer into an airtight container—store at room temperature for a day or two.
The donuts will dry out pretty fast, so it is best served within the first day of being made.
Air Fryer Chocolate Coconut Glazed Donuts
- Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- Powdered Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
Start by preparing the biscuit dough for the air fryer. Use a biscuit cutter and cut out the middle. You can use these later to make mini donuts or donut holes.
Spray your air fryer basket or pan with cooking spray.
Place your biscuit dough (I needed to do it in 2 batches, as you don’t want them crowded)
Set the temperature to 330 degrees F for 4 minutes, air fryer setting.
After 4 minutes, remove the biscuits, place them on a cutting board, and place the second batch in the air fryer basket.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, mix the powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, butter (melted), vanilla, and milk. Mix well until everything is well blended.
Wait a few minutes until the donuts are cooled, and then spread the chocolate frosting on the donuts. Sprinkle with the coconut.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Air Fryer Cheesy Breakfast Tacos | Tex-Mex tacos are the perfect way to start the day. So simple to make, and boy, are these tacos loaded with flavor.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast | Here, you have a sweet take to breakfast. Making French toast in your air fryer is delicious and one of my favorites. Drizzle with syrup and dive in.
- Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Quesadillas | Here is another savory options. These quesadillas have a crispy tortilla that is filled with cheese and breakfast fixings.
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS, USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Everyone’s Favorite, Coconut! Who doesn’t love chocolate and coconut together? This will soon become one of your family’s favorites!
- 1 package Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by preparing the biscuit dough for the air fryer.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut out the middle. You can use these later to make mini donuts.
- Spray your air fryer basket or pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your biscuit dough (I needed to do it in 2 batches, as you don’t want them crowded)
- Set the temperature to 330 degrees F for 4 minutes
- After 4 minutes, remove the biscuits, place them on a cutting board, and place the second batch in the air fryer basket.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, mix the powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, butter (melted), vanilla, and milk. Mix well until everything is well blended.
- Wait a few minutes until the donuts are cooled, and then spread the chocolate frosting on the donuts.
- Sprinkle with the coconut.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer donuts air fryer donuts from scratch air fryer donuts glazed instant pot donuts vegan air fryer donuts air fryer apple cider donuts instant pot air fryer recipes air fryer donut holes