Air Fryer BBQ Sweet Potato Chips —I love making homemade air fryer sweet potato chips. They are so easy to make but so much better than those you can buy in bags.
If you have not made them yet, they are simple, they require a few steps, and you can have a great appetizer or snack for the entire family.
I surprised my family one night during movie night, and they were pleasantly surprised. They also let me an empty bowl, which is always a great sign. With some added spices, you really can make a trendy brand of potato chips in minutes!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Snack Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA BITES, KETO AIR FRYER PICKLES, AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS, and AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS STUFFED JALAPENOS.
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Chips
This is really the key to a great patch of sweet potato fries. While most of us do not own Mandoline, you will soon find that you will need one if you want to make homemade potato chips in the air fryer.
You can use a knife, but they will never be thin enough to crisp up in the air fryer perfectly.
Ingredients For Air Fryer BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Salt
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
Cut the potatoes with a Madeline slicer, this one I picked up last week on Amazon. Put the slices of sweet potato into a small bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, sugar, and spices. Use your hands to coat the potatoes.
Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them. Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes chip, spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil), and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Can Sweet Potato Chips Be Oven-Baked?
Yes, absolutely, they have been done for years before the air fryer was popular. To make them prepare them as directed and then lay them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Set the baking sheet into a preheated 350 degrees F oven, and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Flip them halfway during the cooking process.
Remove the tray and let them cool before removing—season with salt before serving.
How to Store Sweet Potato Chips?
The most important thing about storing sweet potato chips is that you place them into an air-tight container. So they stay crispy.
They will last for about 3 to 5 days.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Snacks
- SO GOOD AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FRENCH FRIES
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the sweet potatoes with a sharp knife or Mandoline Slicer to the desired thickness.
- Put the slices of sweet potato into a small bowl.
- Add the sugars, olive oil, and spices, mix well, and coat all sweet potatoes.
- Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them.
- Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes chip, spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil), and air fry for another 5 minutes. Note: The time needed to air for them will depend on how thick they are and how crispy you want them.
- Let them cool slightly before serving. Season with some sea salt if desired.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g