I love making homemade air fryer sweet potato chips, they are so easy to make, but so much better than the one you can buy in bags.
If you have not made them yet they are simple, just require a few steps and you can have a great appetizer or snack for the entire family, I surprised my family one night, during movie night and they were pleasantly surprised. They also let me an empty bowl, which is always a great sign.
Easy Ingredients For Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips–
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Black Pepper
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Chips–
Put the slices of sweet potato into a small bowl.
Add the olive oil, salt, and sugar. (other spices too, anything you want)
Use your hands to coat the potatoes.
Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them. Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes flip the sweet potatoes chip, and spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil), and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes–
Some Tricks to Makin Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips in the Air Fryer:
- Do not overcrowd the basket. They will not get crunchy.
- Make sure that you have each and every sweet potato coated with olive oil, which allows for them to crunch.
- Use a mandolin the exact thinness will determine the actual air fryer cooking time.
- This recipe works best if all of the slices are about the same size since the cooking time will be the same.
- You can soak for not soak potatoes for making chips, the only difference it makes is the cooking time. Without soaking them, you just get a longer air frying time, but you do not have to wait for 30 minutes to start to prepare.
- The key to crispy air fryer chips is that they must be coated with olive oil, otherwise, they will never crisp up.
- Shake your basket through the cooking time, so that all the chips get evenly cooked. I usually check my potato chips several times, while air frying them.
- The chips will crisp as they start to cool down.
Some Common Questions About This Recipe:
How Do You Store Homemade Potato Chips?
Allow the chips to cool to room temperature, and then place in an airtight container. They will last about 4 to 5 days.
Can These Be Made in the Oven?
Don’t Forget To Pin, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips–
These are so easy to make, and they taste so much better than store bought.
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the potatoes with a Madeline slicer, this one I picked up last week on Amazon.
- Put the slices of sweet potato into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and sugar. (other spices too, anything you want)
- Use your hands to coat the potatoes.
- Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them.
- Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip the sweet potatoes chip, and spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil), and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer sweet potato chips no oil air fryer sweet potato slices sweet potato fries air fryer soak how to cook frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer nuwave air fryer sweet potato fries sweet potato rounds air fryer air fryer sweet potato fries cornstarch air fryer recipes