These were always one of my kid’s favorite meals, they go by many different names, but they all have one thing in common, they are all delicious. When we have children we start to call them chicken fingers, which I always think about the Chinese version of these, with the red sauce.
But, armed with an air fryer and two hungry teenage boys, they are quickly becoming an everyday meal. The healthy version of these is really oven-baked, but since we use such little oil in this recipe, they are just as healthy as the oven-baked version, but in my opinion much tastier.
Grades Of Chicken: Another name for this would be poultry grades, which is given to every chicken that passes through the grocery stores, what it really refers to is the physical features of a bird. They are divided into different categories, as explained below:
Grade A: This is the highest quality, and usually the only grade to be sold at grocery stores. Grade-A means that the chicken is free from any bruises, discolorations, and feathers. Chicken with bones means that it has no broken bones. For whole birds, it means that the bones are intact and that there are no tears in the skin.
Grade B and Grade C: They are usually not sold in grocery stores and the meat is further processed into chopped or ground chicken.
Other Labels Found in the Poultry Department:
Free Range: Free-range chickens usually mean that the chickens are able to freely roam the outdoors, without any restrictions. This has been debated for years since some large chicken producers simply add additional windows and doors, since the legal definition by the US Department of Agriculture, defines free-range as the chickens having some access to an outside area.
Hormone Free: Although chicken growth hormones have been illegal since 1959, so labeling the chicken as such, is nothing special.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Easy and delicious, my favorite two things> These are so much better than oven-baked, you get a great crispy texture, that the whole family will love. My kids absolutely love these.
- 1 pound chicken tenders or strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2–3 teaspoons seasoning salt (your choice)
- olive oil spray
- Start by soaking your chicken tenders in the buttermilk for at least 20 minutes.
- In another bowl mix together the flour and the seasoning mix.
- As you dredge them into the flour, place them on a greased air fryer tray or in the greased air fryer basket.t
- Spray generously with olive oil. So, that you don’t see any of the white flour.
- Place the basket or tray into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, flip the chicken, spray GENEROUSLY with the olive oil. And then plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders with flour air fryer chicken tenders time air fryer chicken tenders keto air fryer chicken tenders no breading frozen chicken tenders in air fryer air fryer chicken tenders panko air fryer chicken tenders buttermilk unbreaded chicken tenders in air fryer