My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins, are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and fruity, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
here are some common questions that come across in our air fryer group, and I wanted to take a few minutes and address them.
Can Silicone Molds Be Used in The Air Fryer?
Yes, anything that is ovenproof, can be used in the air fryer. It can be glass, cerarmic, metal or silicone. I have had success with silicone molds, metal disposable cupcake molds and really good sucess with silicone molds.
Here are some suggestions:
This is my favorite, each purchase comes with 2, and I bought 2, so I could always have my muffin batter in a pan. Love it!
Can You Bake in the Air Fryer?
Yes, absolutely. Although all of the temperatures and times will need to be adjusted. Prepare the pans, as you would normally, spray with non-stick cooking spray. You will also have to adjust the recipes so that you only fill the air fryer sized pans (Sometimes, cake mix and brownie mix, prepared will need to be split between two pans) With muffins it doesn’t matter that much.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
I love muffins in the air fryer. They are so light and fluffy. The key to making any perfect muffin in the air fryer is to find a pan that fits. I have a few options above that will help you!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then mix in the egg, sour cream, sugar, milk, vegetable oil, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- For air fryer muffins either spray your muffin tin or silicone liners or line your muffin tin with paper liners. Then pour your batter into the cups, about 3/4 cup fill.
- Place the pan into the air fryer at 320 degrees for 12 minutes (air frying setting)
- Check to make sure that they are cooked in the middle, by placing a toothpick in the middle of one of the muffins. If it is cooked, remove if not add another 3-5 minutes (depending on your air fryer)
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!