Today, I made some holiday (Christmas cookies) in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex and Omni (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Holiday (Christmas) Sugar Cookies
These are so easy and so festive looking, just a few minutes, a few ingredients and you have a great afternoon snack!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package Sugar Cookies
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 container Christmas sprinkles
- Start by spraying your air fryer tray with olive oil spray.
- Place a pieced of cookie dough down, making sure not to crowd the tray.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes. Note: the Cookies will harden as they cool down.
- Finished cookie
- Add some frosting and some sprinkles.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!