Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
he most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Hawaiian BBQ Pork Tacos
This was such an easy dish to make, and there was only one pan for easy cleanup. There was a deep rich taste of the pork, along with a crunch of the peanuts and the spiciness of the BBQ sauce. My entire family loved it. Easy and delicious
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Pork
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pineapples
- 1/2 cup sweet BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced cashews
- 1/4 cup diced fried onions
- 4–6 flour or corn tortilla (for gluten free, use corn)
- Start by cutting up the jalapeno, into about 1-inch pieces, repeat with the pineapples.
- Then lay down the ground pork in an air fryer safe pan, mix in the diced jalapeno and diced pineapples.
- Use your hands to mix everything in. Then place the pan into the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, break it up using a spatula, and then air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Finished meat, jalapeno pepper, and grilled air fryer pineapples.
- Mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Toss well.
- Then plate put down a tortilla and add a couple of tablespoons of BBQ pork.
- Add a couple of cilantro leaves some crunchy onions and diced cashews,
- Plate, serve and enjoy!