Air Fryer Cod With Creamy Mustard Sauce is an amazingly great piece of perfectly air-fried fish.
Served up with a simple creamy mustard sauce, this is one of my favorite recipes for cod, and I love a great piece of fish.
The air fryer will totally change how you make fish, and this is so good! And without the breading, it’s a healthy and delicious change for your Friday night fish feasts!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD, AIR FRYER MAPLE GLAZED SALMON, AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS, and AIR FRYER BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI.
Air Fryer Cod Filets
Air frying fish is a great way to prepare it, crispy and delicious perfectly. Since an air fryer works by hot air circulating the air fryer basket, you get a perfectly cooked-up fish.
Light, crispy, and absolutely delicious!
This recipe has no breading and is served with a simple sauce, which only includes a few pantry items, it is light, and it’s fabulous. It is also KETO and Low-Carb Friendly.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cod With Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Cod Fillets
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Heavy Cream
- Stone-Ground Mustard
How To Make Air Fryer Cod With Creamy Mustard Sauce
Start by placing your cod filet in the air fryer basket or tray, both greased with olive oil, so the fish doesn’t stick.
Then season your fish with salt, pepper, lemon juice. Rub the olive oil over the fish.
Place in your air fryer oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, increase the heat to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small saucepan, place your butter, heavy cream, mustard, and salt. Mix well, and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes. When the sauce starts to thicken, remove it from heat.
Tips and Tricks to Making Fried Fish
- These can easily be made on the Blackstone Griddle or in the Oven. Both of these methods would work. If you want to bake the fish, you can cook it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until it’s fully cooked.
- You can add any seasonings that you wish. I went with simple seasonings, since the sauce has a lot of flavor.
- This sauce will be great on grilled chicken, pork chops, and salmon.
- Do not over crowd the basket, otherwise the cod will not get perfectly cooked. Remember an air fryer works, by the hot air spinning around the fish, perfectly cooking it up.
- This fish recipe will work with any fish, including snapper, tilapia, bass, and haddock.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Cod With Creamy Mustard Sauce
This is a really easy recipe to pair a side dish with, I usually serve it with a large garden salad, but you can serve it with any of the following:
- AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES WITH FRENCH FRY SEASONING
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS RED POTATO RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS ASPARAGUS
Sauces To Serve With Cod
Traditionally cod is served with either Tartar Sauce, Lemon Wedges, or a simple mustard sauce.
How To Store Cod Filets
If you have any leftovers, place them into an airtight container and use them within 3 days.
How To Reheat Cod Filets
If you want, you can either microwave the leftovers or place them back into the air fryer. Spray the cod with cooking spray, set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and heat for a few minutes, until warmed through.
For best results, drizzle with a fresh batch of the Creamy Mustard Sauce.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- EASY AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE FISH STICKS RECIPE
- AIR FRYER BLACKENED SALMON
- EASY AIR FRYER CRAWFISH CAKES
- AIR FRYER PECAN CRUSTED TROUT
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Creamy Mustard Sauce:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by placing your cod filet in the air fryer basket or tray, both greased with olive oil, so the fish doesn’t stick.
- Then season your fish with salt, pepper, lemon juice. Rub the olive oil over the fish.
- Place in your air fryer oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, increase the heat to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small saucepan, place your butter, heavy cream, mustard, and salt. Mix well, and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes. When the sauce starts to thicken, remove it from heat.
- Put a piece of fish down on a plate, and then drizzle with the sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Don’t Forget to Pin: