Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
You can make this ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a really easy and delicious (and really healthy) meal that I made for my family in the air fryer. The chicken was very flavorful.
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pieces
- 1 apple
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken spice (any type, I used Montreal chicken)
- 1/4 cup dressing, any type
Start by preparing your lettuce, dice it, into bite-sized pieces, transfer to a large salad or mixing bowl.
Dice the apple and celery, into 1/4 inch pieces.
The cut the grapes, I cut them in half and then in half again.
Toss the lettuce, celery, grapes, apples, and walnuts.
Then trip the chicken from visible fat
Generously season it with chicken rub, I used Montreal Chicken
This is one of the most important steps in cooking air fryer chicken, this is the way it should look after you spray it, COAT GENEROUSLY WITH OLIVE OIL SPRAY
Set in the air fryer and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 7 minutes, flip the chicken SPRAY again with olive oil and air fry for another 7 minutes.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, check with a meat thermometer, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, toss with the salad.
Plate, serve and enjoy!