Air Fryer Green Beans—Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto, Whole 30
This is one of the simplest, most delicious ways to prepare green beans!
Summer is coming, and this would make an excellent vegetable dish to bring to the BBQ’s, 4th of July, and this makes an excellent side dish, for any meal. They are in season now, so it’s time to experiment with green beans.
I can not wait for the farmer’s market to come back, I love cooking with what is in season. Since we recently moved, I just found out that there is one down the street from my house, so I am counting the days down. Moving from New Hampshire to Philadelphia was a shock in the food, in New Hampshire, I lived down the street from an orchard, yes a real-working orchard, where they had a farm stand year-round, and you could buy all sort of amazing things, from jams to honey buns (they were amazing). So, I was a bit spoiled. My sons absolutely loved and totally miss the milkman delivering the milk to our house, they had strawberry milk, blueberry milk and of course chocolate milk. They were all amazing.
These lemon butter green beans are nice and light and taste amazing. One of my favorite casseroles that I had growing up, was no other than Green Bean Casserole. My mother would make it at almost every Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, and family gathering. It was a great dish, and I’ll feature it soon, but with spring coming, I wanted to make a light green bean dish, this fits the bill completely.
Here are some tips on how to pick green beans out at the grocery store or farmers market:
- May is when you will start seeing them in supermarkets/farmer’s markets, but they will be around until September.
- When you pick out them, you are looking for bright-colored, smooth beans
- In order to prepare them, you should cut the ends of the beans, and remove the string (if any) that goes down the middle.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Green Beans With Caramelized Sweet Onions
This is a really tasty and healthy side dish, made with hardly any fat. Just enough to get the onions to carmelize and give it some flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the green beans, sweet onions, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well so the vegetables are covered in olive oil.
- Spread the vegetables in your air fryer basket or tray.
- Set temperature to 330 degrees F, for 5 minutes, about halfway check on your vegetables if you are using a basket, shake if you are using an air fryer tray, flip with tongs.
- Continue cooking, until the green beans are soft. The time will depend on your air fryer.
- Then plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen fried green beans in air fryer keto air fryer green beans crispy green bean fries air fryer chicken and green beans fried green beans without bread crumbs fried green beans frozen green beans and onions and bacon canned green beans with onions baked beans and onions green beans with french fried onions green beans with caramelized onions and bacon green beans with caramelized onions recipe air fryer green beans panko green bean and cauliflower casserole black beans in air fryer taste of home vegan green bean casserole how to cook frozen green beans in air fryer green bean casserole with other vegetables how to cook a thanksgiving feast thanksgiving for beginners thanksgiving green beans broccoli barley salad acorn squash and broccoli saute onions in air fryer air fryer crispy onion straws crispy air fryer onion rings cooking onions and peppers in air fryer vegan crispy fried onions air fryer crispy shallots air fryer green bean fries air fryer black beans can you cook pinto beans in an air fryer green beans in nuwave oven