Air Fryer Green Beans—Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto, Whole 30
This is one of the simplest, most delicious ways to prepare green beans!
Summer is coming, and this would make an excellent vegetable dish to bring to the BBQs, 4th of July, and this makes an excellent side dish, for any meal. They are in season now, so it’s time to experiment with green beans.
I can not wait for the farmer’s market to come back, I love cooking with what is in season. Since we recently moved, I just found out that there is one down the street from my house, so I am counting the days down. Moving from New Hampshire to Philadelphia was a shock in the food, in New Hampshire, I lived down the street from an orchard, yes a real-working orchard, where they had a farm stand year-round, and you could buy all sort of amazing things, from jams to honey buns (they were amazing). So, I was a bit spoiled. My sons absolutely loved and totally miss the milkman delivering the milk to our house, they had strawberry milk, blueberry milk, and of course chocolate milk. They were all amazing.
These lemon butter green beans are nice and light and taste amazing. One of my favorite casseroles that I had growing up, was no other than Green Bean Casserole. My mother would make it at almost every Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, and family gathering. It was a great dish, and I’ll feature it soon, but with spring coming, I wanted to make a light green bean dish, this fits the bill completely.
Here are some tips on how to pick green beans out at the grocery store or farmers market:
- May is when you will start seeing them in supermarkets/farmer’s markets, but they will be around until September.
- When you pick out them, you are looking for bright colored, smooth beans
- In order to prepare them, you should cut the ends of the beans, and remove the string (if any) that goes down the middle.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is such an easy way to make a nice vegetable. My kids love it, and it is low carb, which means my entire family can enjoy them.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 tablsepoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by snipping the ends off the green beans, on both sides.
- Then place them in a bowl, mix in the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread them out in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 6 minutes, just shake a few times, so they don’t get browned all in the same spot.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer green bean fries air fried chinese green beans air fryer black beans fried green beans frozen emeril air fryer green beans how to cook frozen green beans in air fryer