Air Fryer Green Beans—Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto, Whole 30
This is one of the simplest, most delicious ways to prepare green beans!
Summer is coming, and this would make an excellent vegetable dish to bring to the BBQ’s, 4th of July, and this makes an excellent side dish, for any meal. They are in season now, so it’s time to experiment with green beans.
I can not wait for the farmer’s market to come back, I love cooking with what is in season. Since we recently moved, I just found out that there is one down the street from my house, so I am counting the days down. Moving from New Hampshire to Philadelphia was a shock in the food, in New Hampshire, I lived down the street from an orchard, yes a real-working orchard, where they had a farm stand year-round, and you could buy all sort of amazing things, from jams to honey buns (they were amazing). So, I was a bit spoiled. My sons absolutely loved and totally miss the milkman delivering the milk to our house, they had strawberry milk, blueberry milk and of course chocolate milk. They were all amazing.
These lemon butter green beans are nice and light and taste amazing. One of my favorite casseroles that I had growing up, was no other than Green Bean Casserole. My mother would make it at almost every Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, and family gathering. It was a great dish, and I’ll feature it soon, but with spring coming, I wanted to make a light green bean dish, this fits the bill completely.
Here are some tips on how to pick green beans out at the grocery store or farmers market:
- May is when you will start seeing them in supermarkets/farmer’s markets, but they will be around until September.
- When you pick out them, you are looking for bright-colored, smooth beans
- In order to prepare them, you should cut the ends of the beans, and remove the string (if any) that goes down the middle.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a really healthy side dish, without a lot of oil, this is keto compliant and low carb, I love that it has lots of flavor.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder
- Start by cutting the ends off the green beans, I use a pair of scissors and cut both ends off. As I cut them, I place them into a small mixing bowl.
- Add your olive oil, salt, and garlic powder to the mixing bowl. I use my hands to coat the green beans.
- Spread the green beans over the air fryer basket or tray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, (air fry setting) for 4 minutes, after 4 minutes, if you are using a basket air fryer, shake the basket, if you are using an air fryer oven, use tongs to flip them.
- Air fry for another 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen fried green beans in air fryer air fryer fried green beans recipe how to cook frozen green beans in air fryer air fryer frozen green beans air fryer garlic green beans keto air fryer green beans canned green beans in air fryer air fryer green beans panko