Air Fryer Egg In Hole — It’s the perfect summer breakfast, and it’s one of my kid’s favorite breakfast dishes! Egg in a hole is a great traditional egg dish that is made with a simple piece of toast and a juicy egg in the center.
Looking for a new and fun way to eat eggs? You should try this egg and toast recipe!
This egg dish has several names, including Toad in a Hole, and is a classic breakfast recipe everyone can enjoy. Now easier than ever, you can make air fryer egg in hole in a matter of minutes! It’s so good and will soon become one of your family’s favorites.
Note: This is a simple egg breakfast recipe. Some of my other favorite air fryer egg recipes are AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO, AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, BACON, AND EGG SANDWICH, and AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE.
Other Names For This Egg Recipe
You can make this quick recipe no matter which air fryer you own. With a simple use of a pan, you can make these over and over again. My kids love them!
Everyone has a different name for this traditional breakfast food. You may know egg in a hole as:
The good news is that this recipe will work for all of these!
- Eggs: the star of the show, use large eggs to balance out the bread.
- Bread: any sandwich bread works fine for this recipe though 3/4 inch slices are ideal. Sourdough is especially good! Crustier loaves work best at holding their shape.
- Salt, Black Pepper, and Other Seasonings: however you like to spice your eggs, bring out as many or few seasonings as you would like.
- Cooking Spray: you can also use some melted butter for some added flavor.
While I like to keep things simple, here are some potential toppings you can add to your air fryer egg in a hole to make things a little more interesting!
- Tomato slice
- Slice of ham
- Green onion
- Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss slices are nice and easy)
- Hot sauce
- Red onions
- Chorizo (or other breakfast sausage)
- Fresh parsley (to sprinkle on top)
- Smoked salmon
How To Make Air Fryer Egg In Hole
You can make this breakfast in just a few simple steps. Here’s how:
Start by spraying your pan with cooking spray. Then, place the bread into the pan.
Cut out the circle by using a cookie cutter or cup.
Tip: Don’t throw out the circle. You will need it later!
Crack the egg directly into the hole.
Place the pan in the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes at 330 degrees F. Then, use a spatula, flip the egg, and air fry another 3-4 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, basket or oven model. I have made this a few times in my Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid and even the Mealthy Lid. The recipe will work exactly the same. The time may vary by a few seconds.
- Make sure the egg is fully cooked. Because air fryers differ, you’ll want to make sure you allow enough time for the egg to get done.
- Adjust your seasonings. I love adding simple seasonings, but you can even add cheese on top of the eggs.
- Check on your eggs several times during the cooking process for best results.
- Make the hole large enough to accomodate the egg. If it’s too small, the egg will pour out. You also want your bread to be thick enough for this reason as well. 3/4 inch is the ideal thickness.
- Save the hole. Instead of tossing the piece of bread, toast it and use it to sop up the yolk.
If you want to mix things up a bit, try some of these fun variations:
- Make a mini egg in hole omelette. Dice some of your favorite vegetables and meat. Cook them for a couple of minutes in the air fryer on their own. Make your hole larger for this variation and then evenly dispersed your veggies. Whisk your egg and pour over top. Then, cook normally!
- Opt for a pepper ring. For a healthier alternative, ditch the bread and use a full pepper ring to house your egg instead.
- Use cookie cutters. This is a great trick if you have any little ones at home. Take a cookie cutter, such as a star or a heart, to make your center hole. This makes breakfast that much more fun!
Other Great Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 1 piece of toast
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Spray your air fryer-safe pan, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your piece of bread, down inside your air fryer-safe pan.
- Then make a hole, with a cup or cookie cutter and remove the bread.
- Crack the egg into the hole.
- Air Fry at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6 minutes, then use a spatula and flip the egg, and air fry another 3-4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.