Everyone’s favorite dish is not an easy meal to prepare in the air fryer, the air fryer does a great job at crisping the chicken, without the added fat, and the sauce is an exact replica of traditional sesame chicken, I ‘m sure it will be a favorite soon. Serve along with homemade air fryer crab rangoons, for a great dinner or lunch.
Here are the simple steps to make it in your own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Easy Homemade Chinese Sesame Chicken
Everyone’s favorite dish is an easy meal to prepare in the air fryer, the air fryer does a great job at crisping the chicken, without the added fat, and the sauce is an exact replica of traditional sesame chicken, I ‘m sure it will be a favorite soon. Serve along with homemade air fryer crab rangoons, for a great dinner or lunch.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 pound chicken thighs (either boneless or bone-in, I usually buy what is on sale)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
Sauce: (recipe in notes)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 sliced green onion/scallion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Start by removing the skin and fat from the chicken thighs.
- Then cut up the chicken in about 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place them into a large bowl.
- Add in the potato starch and use your hands to coat it evenly.
- Place the coated chicken onto the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket. Then set the timer to 7 minutes, at 350 degrees F. The exact time will depend on how large your chunks are, and the type of air fry you own. Once the chicken is fully cooked, toss it in with the sauce (see notes, on how to make).
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To Make the sauce:
In a large saucepan, add the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, heat until it simmers, then remove it from the heat.
Mix in the cornstarch.
Keywords: air fryer chinese chicken air fryer orange chicken keto sesame chicken air fryer air fryer chicken air fryer cashew chicken air fryer recipes air fryer chicken stir fry paleo orange chicken air fryer