Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably. Here are some of the cakes, I have made in the past, all have been wonderful,
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
One of the easiest cakes to make, and it's so delicious. Serve with a generous chocolate frosting and some extra cherries. Nothing like a chocolate cherry dump cake, better than cherry dump cake dutch oven.
- 1 package Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 21 ounces canned cherry (pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup optional, fresh or canned cherries
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix, cherries, eggs, vanilla, chocolate chips.
Mix well, make sure to scrape the sides down, to get all of the cake mix.
Spray your pan, I used an 8x8 pan, which fit into my air fryer. Spray with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
Pour your batter into a prepared pan.
Set into your air fryer oven, for 12 minutes at 320 degrees F, after the time is up, check to make sure your cake is fully cooked, if the bottom is soft, you can add another 4 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!