Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—Print
Air Fryer, Donuts In Under 10 Minutes, Glazed Butter Donuts
Just like my grandmother used to make them, the only difference is they are not deep fried in oil. While they not be as Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme, they wil give a perfect and easy breakfast for any family member. I found that you get a better rewsult if you soak them in butter. (Of course, LOL)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 7
- Total Time: 12
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package Grands Biscuits
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3–5 tablespoons of milk
- Start by separating your biscuits.
- Melt your butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Dip your biscuit into the butter, and leave for about a minute.
- Then place your buttered biscuits on the air fryer tray or basket (both sprayed with olive oil, so they don’t stick)
- Set the temperaure to 350 degree F, (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- Then flip the biscuits and air fyr for 1 minute at 250 degrees F (air fryer setting) so both sides have chance to get browned. if you need longer th an a minute, add another minute. The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer.
- Then in a small bowl, add the powedered sugar, and mix in 3 tablespoons of milk, mix well. You want the consistency of glue, if you need to add more milk, add mor emilk, continue mixing.
- Dip your biscuit donuts in the icing, and let cool for a couple of minutes, before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: brown butter donut glaze glazed donut recipe yeast doughnut recipe do you glaze donuts hot or cold butter and salt donut recipe baked donut recipe types of donuts brown butter cake donuts