This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s healthy to snack on, it’s also high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up. This is a quick air fryer cooking and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. They are gluten-free, vegan and they make a healthy snack.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are high in fiber; they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, well.
If you are looking to use dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) just soak them in a bowl of water for about one hour. I soak mine overnight, so they absorb most of the water. If you are looking for an alternative and to give your chickpeas an additional layer of flavoring, try soaking them in chicken or vegetable stock.
My Recommendations for Air Fryers, which is a very common question, I receive. Here are my three favorites, at the time of the post.
GoWise Air Fryer, I think this is the best model to get you into the air fryer world, it doesn’t mean that you are going to stick with it, but it’s a solid machine, large enough for a chicken and inexpensive enough that you can upgrade later, and use it for sides.
Secura Air Fryer: This is MY first air fryer, I have had it since (Amazon tells me I ordered it on August 23, 2017), It is a fabulous machine, and I always recommend it to my facebook group, when they are on sale because it works. And to be honest, once you get into the air fryer world, you want another one for side dishes (and, I’m so hoping that is true and not just me)
Omni Air Fryer, By Instant Pot: This is my newest addition and I am in love. There are a lot of things I love about this, but the main ones are that I can make a LOT of food for my family, and since I have 2 teenage boys, I really need the same. Also, this was my first air fryer oven, so I am loving making cookies, pancakes and other food that needed a flat surface.
Before I had an air fryer, my kids used to purchase bags for snacks, and since the can of garbanzo (Chickpeas) can be had in the grocery store for under $1.00 paying over $5.00 for a bag of seasoned ones, was crazy to me. So, I started making and experiment with them, and I found a few that my kids LOVE and a few that no one, including me, wanted to eat. So, adjust the spices, take a look in the grocery store and see what are varieties you can air fryer up to at home are.
Here are other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Curried Roasted Chickpeas
Everyone loves air fryer roasted chickpeas. Today, I made a simple batch with curry flavors, my son’s favorite. They are easy to make, if you like them crunchy, just add more time. One of the easiest snacks you will make in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 19 ounce can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2–3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil, sea salt, curry powder, and chili powder.
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the time for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F
- After 7 minutes, shake the basket and set for another 7 minutes.
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, and toss with an additional 1-2 tablespoon of sea salt. (It depends on how salty you want them, adjust to your taste buds.)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!