This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s healthy to snack on, it’s also high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up. This is a quick air fryer cooking and it will only take about 15 minutes to prepare. They are gluten-free, vegan and they make a healthy snack.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are high in fiber; they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, well.
If you are looking to use dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) just soak them in a bowl of water for about one hour. I soak mine overnight, so they absorb most of the water. If you are looking for an alternative and to give your chickpeas an additional layer of flavoring, try soaking them in chicken or vegetable stock.
Before I had an air fryer, my kids used to purchase bags for snacks, and since the can of garbanzo (Chickpeas) can be had in the grocery store for under $1.00 paying over $5.00 for a bag of seasoned ones, was crazy to me. So, I started making and experiment with them, and I found a few that my kids LOVE and a few that no one, including me, wanted to eat. So, adjust the spices, take a look in the grocery store and see what are varieties you can air fryer up to at home are.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Crispy Ranch Chickpeas
This is such a healthy snack, which is roasted in teh air frye. My kids love these, I usually keep a batch on the table, for a quick snack.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix (The powder)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Start by draining your can of chickpeas and then use a kitchen towel and dry the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, ranch dressing mix and lemon juice so all of the chickpeas are covered.
- Add your chickpeas to the air fryer basket or spread them over the air fryer tray, spread them out, so that they are in a single layer, as they will cook more evenly.
- Set the timer for 6 minutes, at 375 degrees F. After 6 minutes, shake the basket or the tray then add another 6 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chickpeas ranch air fryer chickpeas no oil air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer chickpeas weight watchers oil free air fried chickpeas air fryer black beans honey roasted chickpeas in air fryer salt and vinegar chickpeas air fryer