I love pasta, but then again, I had it almost every night while I was growing up. Growing up in an Italian household has its costs, LOL
I was really spoiled as a child because my grandmother would spend hours and hours making homemade macaroni for my family. There was nothing like the taste of homemade macaroni and a day’s worth of sauce infused with all types of meats in the sauce. (We called it gravy, but non-Italians, like my husband, call it sauce)
Now, that I have the Instant Pot, I have been trying out different kinds of pasta. It’s one of the quickest meals and my whole family loves it.
Today, I am trying a take on a classic Italian dish, with a great Fall Ingredient, Mushrooms, and Roasted Peppers.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer, Creamy Tomato Pasta With Roasted Mushrooms, and Peppers
This is a great and healthy dish, made with some roasted air fryer vegetables, roasted mushrooms, and red peppers, it totally changes this from a simple Italian pasta dish to a really good one!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 16 ounces pasta, any type
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups sweet bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by boiling your water, so the pasta is done, when the roasted vegetables are done. Once the water is boiling, add your pasta, per the instructions on the box.
- In a small bowl, mix together the diced mushrooms, garlic, and sweet bell peppers, with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just enough so they are coated. Spread them in your air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after this was my roasted vegetables.
- After the pasta is finished cooking, drain.
- Then in the saucepan add the roasted vegetables, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, capers and return to heat, heating everything up, so it’s well combined.
- Once everything is heated, mix in the Mascarpone cheese, and mix until it’s melted into the sauce. (This makes it really rich and creamy)
- Then plate, top with some grated Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Keywords: spicy mushroom and tomato pasta recipe bacon mushroom tomato cream pasta pasta mushrooms peppers tomatoes tomato and mushroom recipes bacon pasta recipe shrimp and mushroom scampi shrimp mushroom broccoli recipe savory sauteed shrimp and mushrooms shrimp and mushroom alfredo shrimp mushroom curry paula deen shrimp and mushroom pasta mushroom bell pepper onion recipe mushroom and pepper pasta bake mushroom arrabiata spaghetti bell peppers mushroom pasta what is tuscan butter tuscan butter chicken soup butter balsamic mushrooms delish garlic butter mushrooms roasted garlic butter mushrooms creamy garlic butter tuscan mushrooms keto italian roasted red pepper sauce roasted red pepper pasta recipes spicy roasted red pepper sauce penne pasta with bell peppers roasted red pepper pasta dough pasta with roasted red peppers and spinach sun-dried tomato mushroom pasta (vegan) mushroom and sundried tomato risotto jamie oliver sun-dried tomato pasta mushroom and tomato pasta how to cook with sun-dried tomatoes sun dried tomato and mushroom cream sauce chicken pasta bake slimming world best chicken pasta bake recipe chicken pasta bake jamie oliver healthy chicken pasta bake healthy pasta bake vegetarian italian chicken pasta bake