Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably. Here are some of the cakes, I have made in the past, all have been wonderful,
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Nothing beats a great pipping hot cup of coffee and a piece of Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake. Today, I tried my hand at making a copycat version and it was oh so good, and more importantly kid approved.
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/3 cup half and half or light cream
- 1 cup flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced pecan (optional)
- Start by making the batter, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar. Mix well.
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder salt and half and half.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan (a pan that is air fryer safe and has been sprayed with either olive oil or non-stick cooking spray)
- Then make your topping in a large bowl (or same bowl that you made the batter in) add the flour, brown sugar, butter, and ground cinnamon. Then fold in the diced pecans.
- Spread the topping over the batter. Place the pan into the air fryer tray or basket. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes. NOW: The exact time is going to depend on a few factors, the size of the pan you used, obviously the smaller pan you use, the faster it will air-fry and the air fryer model you have. If the cake is not done, after the 12 minutes, add another 5 minutes, and keep on air frying, until the toothpick that you stick in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let rest, before cutting into the cake. Note: It”s very hot.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: starbucks coffee cake ingredients starbucks cinnamon swirl coffee cake discontinued classic crumb coffee cake recipe moist coffee cake recipe simply recipes coffee cake starbucks copycat recipes cakes and cookies starbucks copycat bakery recipes starbucks cinnamon coffee cake latte