Air Fryer, The Easiest and Tastiest Crab Rangoons You Will Ever Make! These make an amazing appetizer, they are so much better than frozen, and even though they really look complicated, they are so easy, you will be wondering why you didn’t make them before.
Being from Boston, my uncles were all fishermen. Therefore, I was treated to a LOT of seafood, over the years. There was absolutely nothing better than my uncles dropping off the days’ catch to my mom, who would almost make something amazing. I remember my uncle’s dropping off baby lobsters because no one would buy them, now we all know them as chicken lobsters, and if they were free, there would be a line around the block, to get them.
My husband grew up as a good old midwestern boy, but he vacationed every year at Cape Cod, where he ate his share of great seafood.
When I moved to Ohio after we got married, I noticed that the seafood was different, they didn’t have lobsters, they had crab legs, and I literally remember going through the supermarket and saying, what are those? They just looked like something that came from outer space. Instead of cod, they ate salmon. I have never had salmon, so it was an acquired taste, my mother in law made the best salmon that I have ever had. I will probably be making it in the next couple of weeks, as we finish up Lent. She served it with a creamy dill dip, that even my son would eat (granted he would eat it without the salmon, but he would finish his bowl, LOL).
Seafood is important, it’s a great source of protein without a lot of fat. It hits most of the marks, gluten-free, low carb, and other diets.
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
These are such an easy appetizer to make at home, no need to run out to the Chinese restaurant, have a nice take out dinner with your air fryer.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2–3 scallions, diced
- 1 package Won Ton wrappers
- 1/2 cup water (for sealing the edges)
- olive oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, crab meat, minced garlic, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and diced scallions.
- Layout your wonton wrapper.
- Put a tablespoon of filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold them up, by pinching side to side and then side to side.
- Spray your basket or tray with olive oil. Continue to make them, and then place them on your air fryer tray or in your air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops of the crab rangoon with olive oil spray. Set the tray into the air fryer (or basket) and set temperature for 330 degrees F, for 5 minutes. (if you are using the Omni or Vortex, both of which have a preheating setting, they will be done in 2 minutes, after the preheating.
- Continue to prepare them, until the filling or the wonton wrappers run, out.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!