Today, I kicked off back to my weekly cookie series, since it’s a great time on Friday to slow it down and make an amazing batch for the weekend (although they will not last throughout the weekend) made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
Note: if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Here is the step by step instructions on how to make cookies in the air fryer (oven type, next time I will use my basket)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
These are really fun cookies, and who doesn’t like cherry pie, so you have a winning combination, cherry pie cookies! My kids loved them.
- Start by creaming the butter.
- Then add the flour, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Spray your air fryer tray with olive oil.
- Then make a small ball with the dough and then press it flat on the air fryer tray. Make a small hole in the middle with your finger.
- Continue making them, being careful not to crowd the basket or the tray.
- Then spoon the cherry pie filling in the center of the cookie (where the hole is)
- Set in the air fryer at 330 degrees F, for 5 minutes. Check and see if they are cooked, they will harden after they cool down.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cherry hand pies air fryer meat pies air fryer hand pies pie in air fryer air fryer apple hand pies frozen apple pie in air fryer air fryer desserts air fryer recipes