Every day, that I make new recipes, they become my new favorites, so I guess, I will just keep on cooking.
As most of you know, I am raised in a real Italian family, where homemade gravy (we don’t call it sauce) was on the stove every Sunday, with all of the meats, lamb, beef, chicken, pork, and even some fish. It would simmer for hours, upon hours and my mother would make a traditional Sunday meal, and on Monday through about Wednesday, we would use the sauce for something else, usually all of the classic Italian dishes, including Eggplant Parmesan.
So, today with my air fryer, I am presenting to you my version of breaded eggplant cutlets.
IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN FOLLOWING ALONG, WE ARE AT WWW.FORKTOSPOON.COM
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Breaded Eggplant Cutlets
This is my mother’s recipe, based down from my grandmother it is classical Italian Eggplant Parmesan, without the frying, so much healthier. It is also a very easy way to cook eggplant in the air fryer. This dish goes by many different names including Air Fryer eggplant cutlets, or air fried eggplant.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 7
- Total Time: 17
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Start by peeling the eggplant, it will be less stringy, as you are eating your casserole. Peel the eggplant and then cut the eggplant into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Then lay out the eggplant slices on a flat surface, sprinkle the salt on top of the eggplant slices, leave for about 10 minutes and then flip and do the same thing on the other side. This will draw the liquid out of the eggplant, so it’s not soggy after you finish cooking it.
- Then in one bowl, place the bread crumbs and in another bowl mix together the egg and milk (beat well)
- Then dredge the eggplant into the egg/milk mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. As you coat them, place them either in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Once your basket or tray is full set the tray/basket in and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 5 minutes flip (and air fry for about 2 minutes more)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy! (I usually add some marinara sauce on top, for easy eating!)