Brats in the air fryer are amazing. They come out better than the grill. My kid will eat them with nothing, sometimes just making a hoagie with them. This will take you less time than ordering take out and it’s almost a complete meal, just add some potato or macaroni salad.
What Temperature Should I Air Fry Brats At?
- Always preheat your air fryer. If your air fryer does not have a preheat function, simply set the air fryer to the temperature called for in the recipe for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Always use 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, which really helps seals in the juices, and provides the slow-roasted flavor.
How Long Should I Air Fry My Brats For?
This will depend on how large they are, meaning how thick they are. My general advice is anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.
How Will I Know They Are Done?
The internal temperature of pork should reach an ideal 160 degrees F. (As called for by the USDA)
One of my biggest advice to new air fryer users is to purchase a meat thermometer, I put a couple of my favorites at the end of this post. It is the only way that you will know if your meat is fully cooked since each air fryer cooks at slightly different times.
Some Other Air Fryer Common Questions.
Can You Put Almumiun Foil in the air fryer?
Yes, I have been using foil for years in mine, but as always it is best to check with your air fryer’s manual user and instruction manual. Since every air fryer is a bit different.
Here are Some of My Other Recipes for Quick Meals:
Some Helpful Items In Making Bratwusts in Your Air Fryer (affiliate links) –Print
This might of been the best dinner, I have made in the Air Fryer. All of my family is still raving about it, asking if there are leftovers and wondering when I will make it again.
- 1 package bratwurst
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 350 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the bratwurst to the air fryer, for 10-12 minutes, air fryer setting.
- Use tongs and flip about 1/2 way.
- Check the meat with a meat thermometer to determine if the bratwurst is fully cooked.