My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
2. Choose the right quality of meat-Purchase a good quality of meat, from a butcher or from the supermarket. They grade meat on marbling and the connective tissues. Marbling should be shown throughout the meat with white-colored fat (marbling) I always look for a thin coat of marble throughout the meat for the air fryer or Instant Pot, since it will melt and give a nice flavor to the meat, without it being greasy.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Omni, Air Fryer
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Bourbon Peppercorn Steak
This is a really easy steak that was prepared with a sauce, but I didn’t post it, see the end picture for the sauce picture. My kids loved it without the sauce, as it was so delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2–4 sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 tablespoon crushed peppercorn (It depends on how spicy you want the steaks)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Start by seasoning your steaks with salt and pepper (both sides)
- Place them in the air fryer, and set temperature for 400 degrees for 5 minutes (that will get you medium-rare, for medium add a minute or 2)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
To Make the sauce: I made one with and one without (since I have picky children at home =)
- In a skillet add the olive oil, and let heat up about 30 seconds, then add the diced garlic and shallots, saute until they are softened. Then add the peppercorn, bourbon, beef broth, and sugar, mix well and continue to simmer until the mixture reduces by about half.
- Then mix in the heavy cream and butter, whisk until everything is combined. Pour over the steaks.
Keywords: cooking tri tip roast in air fryer air fryer steak tips best foods for an air fryer air fryer steak and potatoes air fryer beef stew recipes air fryer beef jerky recipes make your steak taste even better what you need to know about air fryers can you stack fish in air fryer air fryer flip what size air fryer for 2 how to cook london broil in air fryer bourbon peppercorn sauce bourbon sauce for meat power air fryer oven steak emeril air fryer steak skirt steak air fryer time air fryer chateaubriand can you cook marinated chicken in air fryer