Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Beef Queso Fundido Mini Flatbreads
This is a really easy weeknight meal, you can change it out for ground chicken or ground pork, but it’s easy and delicious. And it’s kid-approved.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Poblano pepper, diced
- 4 mini flatbreads
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- In an air fryer safe pan place the ground beef and diced Poblano pepper.
- Place the pan in your air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, break up the ground beef with a spatula, return for another 5 minutes until all the meat is browned. *THIS IS THE AIR FRY FEATURE
- Once the meat mixture is done, place your flatbreads and BROIL for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the half and half, cream cheese and shredded cheese (Colby Jack) Microwave for 30 seconds, and then another 30 seconds, until it’s melted.
- Mix until completely melted.
- Spread the queso over the flatbreads
- Sprinkle the beef and pepper mixture over the flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the top of the beef mixture.
- Then spread the salsa on top of the cheese.
- Place back in air fryer on the BROIL feature for 2 minutes. Just until the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: home chef jalapeno popper grilled cheese home chef stir-fry home chef teriyaki meatballs home chef basil pesto ingredients home chef creamy shrimp cavatappi home chef rice bowl machaca beef tacos honey bourbon glazed meatballs queso fundido bobby flay queso fundido recipe cast iron skillet what is queso fundido oaxaca cheese won't melt queso fundido rick bayless queso flameado with fajita meat