Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Today I dueled up my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and my Instant Pot Omni Air Fryer, to bring y9ou this dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeno (more if you want it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
I started by mixing all of the ingredients for the homemade Chimichurri sauce in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Meanwhile, place your ground beef in an air fryer safe pan, and place into your air fryer, set the temperature for 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, I stopped mine halfway and stirred it, continue to air fryer, until it's browned all thew ay through
Then add the red sauce, and the seasonings to the pan, mix well, air fry for another 3 minutes until the sauce is hot.
Then add the flour tortilla to the air fryer pan, and spray the pan and the chips with olive oil, air fry until they are crunchy about 2 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Then to plate, place the rice down, and a scoop of the meat sauce, and a tablespoon of the chimichurri and a few of the tortilla strips.
Plate, serve and enjoy!