This is a really easy and healthy recipe, they are a take on my mother’s famous Italian Stuffed Mushrooms that she makes for every holiday. My kids love them, as do I, she sometimes adds ground sausage to them. These a snatch to make the in the air fryer, and you can make 1 or 100, it doesn’t matter. These make for a great snack or appetizer.
Here are some tips for purchasing mushrooms:
- Look for mushrooms that are firm, and have a shiny outer appearance.
- Look for mushrooms that are dry, but don’t appear to be dried out
Here are some tips for storing mushrooms:
- Do not place near other fruit.
- Keep mushrooms in a brown paper bag, if you aren’t going to use immediately.
- Most mushrooms will keep about a week in the refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
This is a really easy and KETO friendly appetizer. They are a huge hit with anyone since they have air-fried bacon, which everyone loves.
- 4 strips of cooked bacon
- 6–12 mushrooms, baby mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, cream cheese, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon into the cheese mixture.
- Fill the mushrooms with the filling.
- Set the mushrooms into the air fryer basket or tray and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer sausage stuffed mushrooms portobello mushroom caps in air fryer portobello mushroom burger air fryer air fryer portobello mushroom pizza crab stuffed mushrooms in air fryer air fryer portobello pizza air fryer stuffed mushrooms keto air fryer portobello mushroom fries