This is such an easy cake, and the strawberry center and cool whip really provide a great treat.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups pureed strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by making your cake mix. Follow the directions on your cake box. (every cake mix requires different ingredients and measurements)
- Once your cake mix is prepared, pour it into an air fryer safe pan. Set the time for 25 minutes at 320 degrees F.
(Please see recipe notes about specific times for your air fryer)
- When your cake is made, remove it from the air fryer and let cool.
- Then start working on the filling, cut and puree your strawberries up.
- In a small saucepan, add the pureed strawberries, lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. (about 5 minutes)
Just remember to keep on stirring because sugar tends to burn.
- Use an item with a sharp end. I used wooden chopsticks and made holes over the cake.
- Then pour the strawberry sauce over the cake, letting it drip down into the holes.
- Once you filled the holes, place the cake into the refrigerator for about one hour, which will give the strawberry sauce time to set.
- Top the cake with cool whip and then return the cake to the refrigerator for another hour, until the cool whip is set.
- Remove from the refrigerator, cut, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: cake with strawberries on top adding strawberries to box cake mix strawberry cream cheese poke cake valentines day poke cake strawberry milk cake cake with fresh strawberries in the middle