Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
For mine, I poured the cake mix into my large Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl.
Then added the oil.
Mix well, until all of the ingredients are mixed.
Pour the cake mix into the air fryer, and air fry at 320 degrees F, for 25 minutes.
Please NOTE: EVERY AIR FRYER IS DIFFERENT SO START CHECKING AROUND 20 minutes for doneness if it is not done (if the toothpick does not come out clean in the center of the cake, continue to air fry at 5-minute intervals until the toothpick does come out clean)
Picture of the back of the cake, so you can see that it is cooked all the way through.
After the cake had cooled for a bit, I cut the layer off, and made the top of the cake smooth, in preparation for the filling.
This is the best (after the Air Fryer and Instant Pot) tool for the Kitchen, no need to waste the time and energy cleaning out a whole blender, with the Magic Bullet you only clean the cup. This makes it ideal for everyday uses (plus, it’s really good for kid’s milkshakes)
Once your strawberries are all blended (pureed) add them to a small saucepan.
Meanwhile, find something to make holes in your cake with.
Forgot to take a picture but pour the cool whip over the cake and then it’s ready for some tasty eating.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
This is such an easy cake and the strawberry center and cool whip really provide a great treat.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups pureed strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by making your cake mix, follow the directions on your cake box. (every cake mix requires different ingredients and measurements)
- Once your cake mix is prepared, pour it into an air fryer safe pan. Set the time for 25 minutes at 320 degrees F.
(Please see recipe notes about specific times for your air fryer)
- When your cake is done, remove it from the air fryer and let cool.
- Then start working on the filling, cut and puree your strawberries up.
- In a small saucepan, add the pureed strawberries, lemon juice, vanilla and sugar. Mix well. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. (about 5 minutes)
Just remember to keep on stirring because sugar has a tendency to burn.
- Use an item with a sharp end, I used wooden chopsticks, and make holes over the cake.
- Then pour the strawberry sauce over the cake, letting it drip down into the holes.
- Once you filled the holes, place the cake into the refrigerator for about one hour, which will give the strawberry sauce time to set.
- Top the cake with cool whip and then return the cake to the refrigerator for another hour, until the cool whip is set.
- Remove from the refrigerator, cut, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: cake with strawberries on top adding strawberries to box cake mix strawberry cream cheese poke cake valentines day poke cake strawberry milk cake cake with fresh strawberries in the middle