This is a traditional pineapple upside-down cake, and it is easy and delicious.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ingredients to make the cake mix (per package)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 20 ounces can of pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2–3 maraschino cherries
- Start by spraying your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then melt the butter in the microwave, pour it on the bottom, and then sprinkle the brown sugar.
- Then prepare the cake mix. I purchased this one.
- Use the instructions on the cake mix box, and prepare the cake mix, as directed. Each cake mix will be different. Mine had eggs, water, and oil.
- Mix well.
- Then place the pineapples down (in my second cake, I had lots of batter). I added the cherries for a more traditional upside-down pineapple cake.
- Pour the cake mix (prepared) directly over it.
- Place the cake (uncooked) into the air fryer basket, bake for 320 degrees F, for 25 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use a toothpick and stick it directly in the middle to see if it’s cooked or not. If it’s cook, remove. If it does not, add another 5 minutes until it’s cooked in the middle.
- Let cool before you flip it.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: pineapple upside down cake recipe tasty pineapple upside down cake pineapple upside down cake glaze best upside down cake air fryer mini cake air fryer dump cake