This is such an easy cake. My kids loved it, they each had their own individual cakes, which both my kids loved. Easy and delcious.
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- Start by creaming the milk and vegetable shortening together.
- Mix in the vanilla, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and egg whites.
- Mix well.
- In a small cast iron pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil, pour in the batter. Place the pan in your air fryer basket.
- Set your time to 9 minutes at 330 degrees F. This will cook your cake at a nice low temperature; baking, in my experience, requires a lower temperature to cook all the way through.
- Then increase the temperature to 360 F degrees F for 5 minutes. This will give you the golden color of cakes. NOTE: the exact time will depend on the batter’s amount in your pan and your air fryer; baking requires you to watch it and adjust the times accordingly.
- Remove from the air fryer basket. Let cool.
- I frosted it with chocolate frosting and some sprinkles. Traditionally it is served with confectionary sugar-dusted across the cake.
Keywords: air fryer cake donuts old fashioned donut recipe baked best cake doughnut recipe ever old fashioned bisquick donuts old fashioned cake donut recipe old fashioned fried cake donut recipe old fashioned donut mix old fashioned buttermilk donut recipe