Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably. Here are some of the cakes, I have made in the past, all have been wonderful,
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Old Fashioned Sugar Cake
This is such an easy cake. My kids loved it, they each had their own individual cakes, which both my kids loved. Easy and delcious.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 24
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- Start by creaming the milk and vegetable shortening together.
- Mix in the vanilla, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and egg whites.
- Mix well.
- In a small cast iron pan, that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil, pour in the batter. Place the pan in your air fryer basket.
- Set your time to 9 minutes at 330 degrees F. This will cook your cake on a nice low temperature, baking in my experience requires a lower temperature, to cook all the way through.
- Then increase the temperature to 360 F degrees F, for 5 minutes. This will give you the golden color of cakes. NOTE: the exact time will depend on the amount of batter in your pan and your air fryer, baking requires you to watch it and adjust the times accordingly.
- Remove from the air fryer basket. Let cool.
- I frosted it with chocolate frosting and some sprinkles. Traditionally it is served with confectionary sugar dusted across the cake.
Keywords: air fryer cake donuts old fashioned donut recipe baked best cake doughnut recipe ever old fashioned bisquick donuts old fashioned cake donut recipe old fashioned fried cake donut recipe old fashioned donut mix old fashioned buttermilk donut recipe