This is one of the simplest, most delicious ways to prepare green beans!
Summer is coming, and this would make an excellent vegetable dish to bring to the BBQs, 4th of July, and this makes an excellent side dish, for any meal. They are in season now, so it’s time to experiment with green beans.
I can not wait for the farmer’s market to come back, I love cooking with what is in season. Since we recently moved, I just found out that there is one down the street from my house, so I am counting the days down. Moving from New Hampshire to Philadelphia was a shock in the food, in New Hampshire, I lived down the street from an orchard, yes a real-working orchard, where they had a farm stand year-round, and you could buy all sort of amazing things, from jams to honey buns (they were amazing). So, I was a bit spoiled. My sons absolutely loved and totally miss the milkman delivering the milk to our house, they had strawberry milk, blueberry milk, and of course chocolate milk. They were all amazing.
These lemon butter green beans are nice and light and taste amazing. One of my favorite casseroles that I had growing up, was no other than Green Bean Casserole. My mother would make it at almost every Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, and family gathering. It was a great dish, and I’ll feature it soon, but with spring coming, I wanted to make a light green bean dish, this fits the bill completely.
Here are some tips on how to pick green beans out at the grocery store or farmers market:
- May is when you will start seeing them in supermarkets/farmer’s markets, but they will be around until September.
- When you pick out them, you are looking for bright-colored, smooth beans
- In order to prepare them, you should cut the ends of the beans, and remove the string (if any) that goes down the middle.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Lemon Butter Green Beans
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare green beans in the air fryer. And the spices give it a great flavor, and most are in your cupboard, waiting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Start by washing the green beans, and then cutting the ends off, and removing the string from the green beans.
- Place beans in a large mixing bowl. Lightly coat with olive oil, season with salt & pepper.
- Put the green beans in air fryer in a single layer 390 degrees F., for 8-10 min or until done. Shake halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then mix in the garlic, lemon juice, heat for about 3 minutes, then mix in the Parmesan cheese and pour over the cooked green beans.
- Plate, serve & enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer, Lemon Butter Green Beans