My kids love cornbread, they absolutely love it when I throw some sliced jalapenos and cheddar cheese in the batter.
If you have not tasted jalapeno and cheddar cornbread, you are really missing out. The sweet and has a great balance of sweet and spicy (thanks to the jalapeno peppers)
I refer to this in my family as Mexican Cornbread.
Here are some other Tried & True Air Fryer Cornbread Recipes–
The History of Cornbread–
if you are not familiar with cornbread it is really an ancient dish that we inherited from the Native Americans. They used to slow cook the cornbread over an open flame. And they would eat it for days and days.
Southerners are said to like sweeter cornbread than northerners.
Some people prefer eating it with cheese, jalapenos, or using buttermilk vs regular milk. The variations are endless.
Today, I added both jalapenos and shredded cheddar cheese into the mix, and we had a great side dish. This cornbread goes with anything, but I am really loving it with a big dish of chili in the winter months. In the summer months, I love it with BBQ.
A few items used in the making Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread affiliate link included–
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
This is a classic Mexican Cornbread, with fresh Jalapeno and Cheddar, it makes for a treat for any meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Start by mixing the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Mix in the milk and eggs.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and butter.
- Dice the jalapenos.
- After all of the batter is fully mixed.
- Fold in the jalapeno peppers.
- Spray your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan into your air fryer basket for 20 minutes at 340 degrees F.
After the time is done, use a toothpick and stick it in the middle of the cornbread if it comes out clean you are done, if not add a few more minutes to cook it fully. Never eat it raw.
- Once the cornbread is fully cooked, remove the pan from the air fryer basket, and let cool before you cut it.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cornbread muffins jiffy cornbread mix in air fryer fried cornbread in air fryer reheat cornbread in air fryer power air fryer cornbread cornmeal air fryer cornbread in hot air fryer power air fryer oven cornbread