My kids love cornbread, they love it when we are at a restaurant and a basket of the cornbread comes out, before the meal. It might be the best part of the meal for them.
I grew up in Boston, and the only time we ever had cornbread was with BBQs in the summer. So, I was missing out.
I did a great cornbread recipe a few months ago, in the Air Fryer, and I will be honest with you, I have an obsession with muffins, just ask my husband, I am always experimenting with muffins. I think all of his breakfasts last week had a muffin, he actually brought a bag of them into work for his co-workers. Who raved about them.
Today’s recipe is a standard recipe with jalapeno and cheddar, I was looking for the perfect cornbread recipe and I came up with this recipe, and I thought why not? Cornbread if you are not familiar with it, is a typical northern United States recipe, but has long roots in the southern part of the United States and Mexico. It was originally served by both Native American Indians, Mayans and Aztec. Given that one of the most common crops in the United States at the time, which I am sure you all heard the story of planting corn, was corn. It was also known as hoecake. Probably cooked over an open fire or over rocks. (If I remember my US History correct)
here are several common cornbread recipes, that I plan on trying, those are:
- Mexican Cornbread
- Hot Water Cornbread (this might have to be done in an Instant Pot)
- Corn Pone
- Other ones, I find interesting.
This is a classic recipe, I am looking forward to within the next few months, jazzing it up with vegetables and jalapeno peppers, because who doesn’t love a Mexican Cornbread?
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer, Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
This is a classic Mexican Cornbread, with fresh Jalapeno and Cheddar, it makes for a treat for any meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Start by mixing the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Mix in the milk and eggs.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and butter.
- Dice the jalapenos.
- After all of the batter is fully mixed.
- Fold in the jalapeno peppers.
- Spray your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan into your air fryer basket for 20 minutes at 340 degrees F.
After the time is done, use a toothpick and stick it in the middle of the cornbread if it comes out clean you are done, if not add a few more minutes to cook it fully. Never eat it raw.
- Once the cornbread is fully cooked, remove the pan from the air fryer basket, and let cool before you cut it.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cornbread muffins jiffy cornbread mix in air fryer fried cornbread in air fryer reheat cornbread in air fryer power air fryer cornbread cornmeal air fryer cornbread in hot air fryer power air fryer oven cornbread