One word describes this recipe, yummy!!
This is what I made for New Year’s dinner because it looked so elegant and my kids happen to love lamb, especially with some lemon and rosemary. I also thought that lamb chops with making the perfect finger food for the kids and their friends, so they could walk and eat. (Or in my kid’s case, walk down the basement and pull up some video games)
I couldn’t find any recipes for Air Fried Rack of Lamb and I purchased a great one at Trader Joe’s. So, this is what I came up with. My kids really loved it, and the meat was nice and tender, and it wasn’t dried out at all.
If you are not familiar with rack of lamb, the most important thing for you to know is that any rack of lamb is a cut of lamb, that is connected and has rib chops connected, you can buy it in one strip, meaning only one side of the roast has chops, or double rack of lamb, which means that both sides have chops.
I went today for a simple herb seasoning and olive rub, and I will be experimenting with breading (breadcrumbs) in the next few weeks.
Here are some tips when cooking the lamb:
- The fat side of the lamb is facing upwards, and as it “air-fries” or bakes, the fat drips down and covers the meat, making it tender.
- The internal temperature of the meat should be measured in between the ribs, being careful not to read the bones, the temperature should be between 120 degrees F, which is rare to 130 for medium-rare, to 140 degrees for medium.
- Rest the lamb on the counter for about 10 to 15 minutes, which allows the juice to settle in the middle of the meat. I always cover mine with foil, so the meat doesn’t end up cold, while it’s resting.
- Lamb cooks fast, especially when you are using the air fryer, so remember to watch it.
- You might have to trim the rack of lamb (lamb chops) to make them fit. I had to remove the last chop so that the entire roast would fit in my air fryer. That would be dependent upon the type of air fryer you own.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, No Fail Grilled Lamb Chops
These are perfect for the air fryer, better than grilling them. They are easy to make and KETO friendly.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course, KETO
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 6–8 lamb loin chops
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons rosemary, dried
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put the lamb chops in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Use your hands and really mix well.
- Place your lamb in your air fryer basket or on your air fryer tray.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 3 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: amb chops air fryer time power air fryer lamb chops how long to cook lamb chops in air fryer philips air fryer recipes lamb chops frozen lamb chops in air fryer how long do you cook lamb chops in an air fryer power air fryer oven lamb chops rack of lamb air fryer recipes