Air Fryer, Air Fried, Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Mini Chocolate Frosted Donuts
This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
There are only two tools that you really need is a good solid cutting board and a set of biscuit cutters, both come in handy as you work through recipes with your Air Fryer.
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—Print
These are so fun to make and easy to eat! Family Favorite and a kid-friendly recipe.
- 1 package 12 count mini biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablesoons milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Start by opening up the package. I found the 12 pack, at a grocery store, I found, while on vacation, and knew I had to bring some home.
- Separate the dough, and meanwhile melt 1/2 of the butter, use your biscuit cutter to cut out the center of the donut.
- Dip the biscuits in the melted butter, letting them sit for about a minute. This will give your donuts a better taste.
- As you coat them, place them in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray (both sprayed with olive oil)
- Then set your air fryer for 4 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, mix together your confectionary sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract, mix until smooth.
- Then spread the glaze on the donuts, plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer donuts glazed instant pot vortex plus donuts chocolate donut air fryer vortex air fryer donuts air fryer chocolate donut holes how to frost a donut vegan air fryer donuts air fryer chinese donuts