Yummy, this morning I am presenting you on of my family’s favorites,
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Classic Air Fryer Diner Fries, Home Fries The Best Recipe!
There is nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. It is one of the most classic meals, you have in America.
Everyone loves potatoes! And good to know that there are hundreds of ways to cook them. Whether you want to use the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), air fryer or just make them in your oven, they all full of flavor. The key to a great dish is spices, you need to use lots of different spices in your potato dish until you find one that you really like on potatoes. I used to hate salt on my potatoes, but my son loves them, so one day, I let him season them. I realize that good old salt and pepper, applied in LARGE quantities, really seasoned the potatoes well, so after that, I used to add more than I usually did, and everyone complimented me on my potato dishes. So, experiment, find out what spice you like and adapt it to any potato recipe.
Another great reason for using potatoes as your side dish is that they are so budget-friendly, these are usually on sale at the grocery store, at least twice a month, so take that time and grab yourself a package/bundle. You can literally turn one package of potatoes for about $3.00 for a 5-pound bag, into about 3 dishes. So, that’s a real budget saver.
Potatoes are used around the world for dishes, in Italy, they use potatoes to make gnocchi, in Africa, they make North African potato soup. They are able to be stored for a long time, which is why, before refrigeration, they used tons of them.
Here are some great hints for storing potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so it’s best to throw away.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
This is so easy to make, my kids love it as an evening snack, but they remind me of good old fashioned diner home fries!
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1/2 large onion, I used sweet
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start by dicing your potatoes and onions, into about 1-inch pieces.
- Then diced your peppers, and them to the onions and potato cubes.
- Mix the olive oil, and spices, mix well.
- Either place the potatoes directly into the air fryer basket or if you are using an oven, place them in an oven-safe tray, see my suggestions in the blog post.
- set in the oven
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Either shake the basket (air fryer basket models) or stir the potatoes (air fryer oven models)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen home fries in air fryer how do i cook frozen french fries in an air fryer frozen french fries in air fryer air fryer frozen french fries time how do i cook frozen fries in my air fryer air fryer french fries air fryer recipes ninja air fryer french fries