This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
There are only two tools that you really need is a good solid cutting board and a set of biscuit cutters, both come in handy as you work through recipes with your Air Fryer.
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
- 1 package biscuits (found in the dairy section)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamomn (more if you like cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- Start by separating your biscuits.
- Dip the biscuit (without a hole) into the melted butter.
- Then in a small bowl mix together the sugar and ground cinnamon, then dip the biscuit into it, making sure it’s covered.
- As you coat the biscuits, place them onto a greased air fryer tray or into a greased air fryer basket.
- Set the tray into the oven and set the air fryer for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- When they come out (make sure they are fully cooked), poke a hole in the center, I used my cooking utensil.
- Fill the hole with jam (I used raspberry since I had it on hand)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!