Bacon in the air fryer, awesome.
Bacon glazed in the air fryer, amazing.
My son and I recently went out to eat at a local restaurant, and we had this and I thought, I am really on to something. Plus they were charging about $10 a serving, and my first thought was WOW, that’s expensive. So, I knew it couldn’t be that hard, went to the internet and figured out what spices are in it, and recreated in my home.
Good thing we can have it all of the time, the bad thing we can have it all of the time, LOL.
Here are some of my other popular bacon recipes for the air fryer,
Here are some simple tips for making candied bacon, either in the air fryer or oven,
1. First, what is candied bacon, it is the addition of any sugar product, in this case, brown sugar onto the bacon. This means you get the salt from the bacon and the sweet from the sugar, in one bite, and in some people’s minds the perfect bite.
2. The easiest bacon to candy is regular bacon, thick-cut is great, but the sugar will carmelize too quickly, causing it to be chewier.
3. I usually use light brown sugar, dark sugar has extra molasses in it, so it turns the caramelized bacon darker.
Products used in this recipe, affiliate links included–
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
This bacon is nice and flavorful, it makes for a great addition to any breakfast table or for a snack. My kids love it, it tastes so, so good.
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F, for about 3 minutes
- In a long bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Mash together.
- Coat your bacon with the mixture.
- As you coat the bacon, place them on an air fryer safe tray or in an air fryer basket.
- set in the air fryer, and air fry for 4 minutes, then flip and air fry another 3 minutes more.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: power air fryer oven candied bacon power air fryer candied bacon candied bacon recipe recipe cod air fryer bacon brown sugar maple syrup air fryer bacon jerky air fryer bacon appetizers dehydrate bacon in air fryer where to buy candied bacon