My kids love cornbread, they love it when we are at a restaurant and a basket of the cornbread comes out, before the meal. It might be the best part of the meal for them. The difference between this cornbread and the normal cornbread is that it is much sweeter, that normal cornbread, as it has the sweetness of the half and half cream.
I grew up in Boston, and the only time we ever had cornbread was with BBQs in the summer. So, I was missing out.
I did a great cornbread recipe a few months ago, in the Air Fryer, and I will be honest with you, I have an obsession with muffins, just ask my husband, I am always experimenting with muffins. I think all of his breakfasts last week had a muffin, he actually brought a bag of them into work for his co-workers. Who raved about them.
Here are some of my other cornbreads:
Homemade Cornbread Stuffing or Dressing
Today’s recipe is a standard recipe for classic southern buttermilk cornbread, I just stumbled upon my cast iron skillet and thought to myself, this would totally fit in my air fryer, and it opened a whole new world to me. I was looking for the perfect cornbread recipe and I came up with this recipe, and I thought why not? Cornbread if you are not familiar with it, is a typical northern United States recipe, but has long roots in the southern part of the United States and Mexico. It was originally served by both Native American Indians, Mayans and Aztec. Given that one of the most common crops in the United States at the time, which I am sure you all heard the story of planting corn, was corn. It was also known as hoecake. Probably cooked over an open fire or over rocks. (If I remember my US History correct)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Honey Buttermilk Cornbread
This is a great and easy recipe. My kids absolutely love this cornbread, as it is so sweet and tasty.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- In one mixing bowl, mix together the yellow cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients well.
- In another mixing bowl mix together the buttermilk, egg, honey, and butter. Blend together.
- Then mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
- Spray your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your batter into the pan.
- Pour the batter (I used 1/2 of the batter) into the skillet and set your timer to 9 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Place a toothpick in the center of the cornbread and make sure that it is completely clean. Once its clean remove from air fryer.
- Let it cool.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cornbread muffins cornbread in air fryer oven air fryer cornbread jiffy jiffy cornbread in air fryer oven how long to cook cornbread in air fryer cornbread in hot air fryer power air fryer cornbread jiffy cornbread mix in air fryer