Yummy, this has been on my to-do list for months. My mother used to make her own sausage patties and she would fry them, so I thought, why not. And, since I am a New Hampshire girl, you know that I had to highlight maple syrup.
This will be one of the easiest breakfasts that you ever make, so do not be intimidated. And if you are looking for an amazingly easy appetizer, this should be your go-to recipe, this recipe only requires a few ingredients and within about 10 minutes, you will have a tasty breakfast or appetizer on the table.
I always make this recipe or a variation of it for any get-together, party, event, holidays that we have at my house. The recipe is easy and fast enough to feed a hungry guest list. You can either make and freeze the sausage patties ahead of time, or you can just make them fresh and refrigerate them before you are going to air fryer them.
This recipe uses a blend of 50% ground turkey and 50% ground pork, but you can change those out and make them entirely with either 100% ground turkey or 100% ground pork, but remember to check the pork (as the cooking time might increase, and you should NEVER ever consume raw pork). You could also make this with ground chicken. The possibilities are endless.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Homemade Maple Breakfast Sausage
One of the easiest recipes to make, and if you have never made homemade sausage, this is amazingly easy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaaspoon black pepper
- Start by mixing the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix really well, I used my hands.
- I place a scoop of meat onto my cutting board and used my biscuit cutter to cut out the patties.
- Make sure that the air fryer basket is greased, as it will be easier to flip them.
- As you cut them out with the biscuit cutter, place them into the air fryer basket.
- Set your temperature for 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes check on your sausage patties.
- Flip them
- Set your temperature again for 400 degrees F, and for another 5 minutes.
- Check and make sure they are fully cooked, as it can harm your health if you eat raw pork.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer breakfast sausage links cooking breakfast sausage links in air fryer how long to cook breakfast sausage links in air fryer fresh sausage patties in air fryer how long to cook sausage patties in air fryer cooking breakfast sausage in air fryer thawed sausage patties in air fryer