Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
- 2 -3 pounds mixed thighs and or drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
Pre-heat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
Start by placing your chicken on a cutting board.
In one bowl place the flour.
In another bowl mix together the ranch salad dressing and eggs, mix well.
In the third bowl, place the crushed saltine crackers.
Dip the chicken into the flour, egg mixture and then saltines, as you coat them, place them in the air fryer basket. Be careful not to crowd your basket.
Spray your chicken generously with olive oil spray. Set the time to 12 minutes, after 12 minutes, flip the chicken spray it with olive oil again (this will prevent white spots on your chicken)
Check your chicken when it's done and make sure it has an internal temperature of at least 180 degrees.
Plate, serve and enjoy!