This is a really easy way to dress up any cake. All you need is fresh strawberries and some Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 32 ounces fresh strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by making the cake, which you will use for the shortcakes
- Make the cake mix, per the instructions on the package.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, spray an air fryer safe pan (see my suggestion in the recipe instructions.
- Then set the air fryer safe pan with the cake mix inside of it into the air fryer. Set the time for 20 minutes at 320 degrees F.
Check the cake. Is it done? If it is done, pull the cake out and let the rest of the counter, for frosting/decoration.
If it is not done, add another 5 minutes and check it. Is it done, if not repeat, until the cake is made?
- Note: To check the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is done. Remove from the air fryer.
- Make the Filling: Mix the heavy cream with the vanilla until you have a really creamy batter. Then add the sugar, and mix until the batter becomes frothy,
- Assembling the Cake:
Cut the cake into two pieces, so you end up with two pieces. Put the first layer down on a cake plate, add a layer of diced strawberries, and add some filling on top. Finally, the top layer, with a layer of filling first, then decorate with more strawberries.
Keywords: keto slow cooker coffee cake keto air fryer biscuits air fryer sausage biscuits keto air fryer brownies air fryer keto breakfast ninja foodi biscuits and gravy