Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Easy Classic Strawberry Shortcake
This is a really easy way to dress up any cake. All you need is fresh strawberries and some Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 32 ounces fresh strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by making the cake, which you will use for the shortcakes
- Make the cake mix, per the instructions on the package.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, spray an air fryer safe pan (see my suggestion in the recipe instructions
- Then set the air fryer safe pan with the cake mix inside of it into the air fryer. Set the time for 20 minutes at 320 degrees F.
Check the cake is it done? If it is done, pull the cake out and let rest of the counter, for frosting/decoration.
If it is not done, add another 5 minutes and check it. Is it done, if not repeat, until the cake is done?
- Note: To check the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. Remove from the air fryer.
- To Make the Filling: Mix the heavy cream with the vanilla, until you have a really creamy batter. Then add the sugar, and mix until the batter becomes frothy,
- Assembling the Cake:
Cut the cake in two pieces, so you end up with two pieces. Put the first layer down on a cake plate, then add a layer of diced strawberries and add some filling on top Finally the top layer, with a layer of filling first, then decorate with more strawberries.
Keywords: keto slow cooker coffee cake keto air fryer biscuits air fryer sausage biscuits keto air fryer brownies air fryer keto breakfast ninja foodi biscuits and gravy