Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of fried chicken, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Dry-Rubbed Memphis Style Grilled Chicken (Drumsticks and Thighs)
This is such an easy recipe. It’s so much easier and healthier than making fried chicken.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried cumin
- 2 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the dry rub. Split the seasonings into two bowls, leaving some for the cooked chicken. (Cross-contamination is why you do this, you wouldn’t want the raw chicken to be on the cooked chicken)
- Generously rub it on the chicken, and as you coat them, place them in the air fryer basket.
- Set your temperature for 376 degrees F, for 15 minutes, after the 15 minutes are up, flip the chicken, and set the timer for another 4 minutes.
- Check your chicken and make sure it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Never eat raw chicken. While the chicken is finishing being cooked, mix together the vinegar and yellow mustard in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, Rub the chicken with the vinegar and mustard sauce, and sprinkle on some of the dry rub.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer dry rub chicken wings recipe dry rub chicken breast air fryer ranch dry rub wings in air fryer non spicy dry rub for chicken wings smoked air fryer wings turkey wings recipe for air fryer what is memphis-style chicken cook's country bbq drumsticks memphis style fried chicken memphis dry rub chicken sweet memphis bbq rub smoked chicken rubs recipes memphis chicken dry rub smoked chicken mustard rub central bbq dry rub rendezvous memphis dry rub recipe bbq chicken rub recipe oven