Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 tub cool whip
- 1 28 ounce cherry
Start by making the cake mix.
Add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl.
Add the water into the mixing bowl.
Add the oil and egg, and mix well.
Then set the air fryer safe pan with the cake mix inside of it into the air fryer. Set the time for 20 minutes at 320 degrees F.
Check the cake is it done? If it is done, pull the cake out and let rest of the counter, for frosting/decoration.
If it is not done, add another 5 minutes and check it. Is it done, if not repeat, until the cake is done?
Note: The exact time will depend on your air fryer wattage and the size pan you used.
Note: To check the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. Remove from the air fryer.
Once the cake is cooled, cut the cake in half, and then spread the cool whip the middle of the cake.
Add the top layer back on, and spread the cherry pie filling on top.
Plate, serve and enjoy!