Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy, when the entire family east the same meal?
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- Instant Pot Vortex Air FryerJ.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece SetHudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with SpoutAnchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the Kitchen Italian Olive Wood SpatulaOXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Juicy and delicious chicken breast, boneless chicken breast, with a homemade chicken rub. This is a perfect meal.
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Start by mixing all of the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Then rub it on the chicken breasts, both sides.
Spray with olive oil and then set in the iar fryer for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F, then flip for another 7 minutes and spray again,
check the internal temperature, once it reaches 165 degrees F remove, otherwise add a few more minutes (NEVER eat raw chicken)
Once it's cooked, allow about 5 minutes for the juices to settle, then cut. (or serve whole)
Plate, serve and enjoy!