It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
To store zucchini:
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Baked Zucchini
This is one of the easiest side dishes to make in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- olive oil spray
- Start by dicing your zucchini into thin slices
- Spray your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your zucchini slices in the casserole dish, I was able to make 2 layers.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, grated Parmesan cheese, and thyme.
- Spread that over the top of the mixture.
- Generously spray the top of the zucchini casserole with olive oil.
- Place in the air fryer basket.
- Slowly roast/air fryer this one 250 degrees for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes check the middle to see if the slices are softened.
Keywords: zucchini chips air fryer recipe healthy air fryer zucchini chips air fryer zucchini no breading air fryer zucchini fries keto air fryer roasted zucchini air fryer zucchini chips keto air fryer zucchini chips no breading zucchini air fryer keto